- 250 grams (8 ounces) boned and skinned halibut or mackerel
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 150 grams (about 5 ounces) tomatillos, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 avocados, peeled and cut into small cubes
Cut fish into 1/2-inch pieces and place in bowl. Stir in lime juice and salt and mix well. Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
Stir in remaining ingredients except for avocado, adjust salt and marinate for about 30 minutes. Spoon into glasses (martini work well) and top with avocado.
You’d be better off with a citrusy, lean white, such as Rias Baixas or dry Sherry, both from Spain. Or try a frosty gin or vodka martini with lemon zest. - BeppiCrosariol