This slightly bitter salad refreshes the palate. Using a Caesar-type vinaigrette balances the taste of the dandelion greens and brings out the sweetness in the cherry tomatoes.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped anchovy fillets
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Grana Padano or parmesan
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups packed dandelion greens
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 cup red radicchio, cut on the diagonal
- 1 cup packed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 rounds of pancetta, pan fried
Combine ingredients for vinaigrette. Reserve.
Toss dandelions, radishes, radicchio and cherry tomatoes together. Break pancetta into pieces and toss with salad. When ready to serve, toss salad with enough vinaigrette to moisten.