A great vegetable combination, which all cooks together. Make ahead of time and reheat in an oven at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- 12 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 lb (500 g) red potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 8 oz (250 g) carrots, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 8 oz (250 g) Brussels sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 2 tbsp slivered sage leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Place garlic cloves in a small pot of water and bring to boil. Boil for 1 minute then drain. Remove skins.
Heat butter in large sauté pan. Add potatoes and carrots and sauté for 4 minutes or until they begin to turn golden. Stir in Brussels sprouts, garlic and slivered sage leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Cover pan, turn heat to medium low. Cook, shaking pan occasionally for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Remove cover and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes or until vegetables are deep golden. Serve with salmon.