- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 250 grams (8 ounces) good-quality cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons anisette liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom water, optional
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a nine-inch cake pan and line bottom with parchment.
Stir cornstarch with corn flour and all-purpose flour. Set aside.
Beat butter with sugar and cream cheese until smooth, about one minute. Beat in eggs one at a time, and then add anisette liqueur and orange blossom water. Beat in flour mixture. The mixture will be thin.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Turn out cake and cool fully. Serve sliced with caramelized apples or fresh fruit.