- 1 lb (500 g) garganelli
- 4 cups packed dandelion greens, stems removed
- 1 and 1/2 cups shaved pecorino romano or Parmesan
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Place the dandelion greens, 1 cup of pecorino, olive oil, parsley, garlic and chili flakes in a food processor. Blend until slightly chunky. Season with salt and pepper.
Place pasta in large pot of salted boiling water and boil until al dente (9 to 10 minutes). Drain immediately, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water. Toss pasta with pesto, stirring in a little cooking water if it seems dry. Season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
Serve garnished with the remaining 1/2 cup of shaved pecorino.