- 2 bunches cavolo nero
- green apple, peeled and slivered
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 6 radishes, slivered
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Remove ribs from kale and thinly slice leaves. Add to a salad bowl with apple, green onions, radishes, almonds and dried cherries.
Whisk mayonnaise with mustard, vinegar and capers. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Stir in parsley and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Toss salad with vinaigrette up to 30 minutes before serving.