- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 oz (60 g) diced bacon
- 4 cups thinly sliced leeks (white and light green part only)
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cup vacuum packed chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon cracked fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat.
Add bacon and sauté for 2 minutes or until just crisping.
Add leeks and napa cabbage and sauté for 6 minutes or until everything is soft.
Add chestnuts, tarragon, fennel seeds and lime juice and cook for 2 minutes or until flavours are combined.
Stir in cream and bring to boil. Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs. Season well with salt and pepper.
Place in oven-proof baking dish, cover and bake 30 minutes beside the hens.