- 6 6-ounce (175-gram) fillets Mediterranean sea bass
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C).
Brush an ovenproof gratin dish or baking sheet with oil. Place fillets on top. Season with salt and pepper. Combine breadcrumbs, jalapeno, parsley, garlic and olive oil and spread over each fillet.
Bake for 7 minutes or until white juices just start to appear. Place on six plates and sprinkle on parsley.
I’d suggest chardonnay for the sea bass were it not for the zippy chutney, which suggests a crisper style. In this case, a bright, red Beaujolais is a fine choice. - Beppi Crosariol