This recipe is a perfect partner for my Grilled Bombay Chicken. I find that the vegetables grill better if they are pre-cooked.
- 1 pound (500 grams) small red potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Place potatoes in a pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes or until potatoes are crisp tender. Drain and return potatoes to pot to dry off over turned-off heat. Set aside.
Bring a pot of water to boil. Add cauliflower florets and boil for 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain and refresh with cold water until florets are cold.
Combine onions, garlic, ginger, mint, cayenne, coriander, cumin, lemon juice and vegetable oil by hand or in a food processor. Toss with potatoes and cauliflower and let marinate for 1 hour.
Preheat grill to medium-low.
Thread potatoes and cauliflower onto skewers. Season with salt and grill for 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden. Remove from skewers and toss together in a bowl. Garnish with mint. Serves 4 to 6.