My son-in-law's friend made a version of this soup for us on our first night in the chalet. If you serve it without a pasta course following, add noodles to the soup to make it a meal in one.
- 4 cups good chicken stock, fresh or store-bought
- 1 cup parsnips, peeled and cut in rounds
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut in rounds
- 1 cup diced Spanish onion
- 8 ounces (250 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat stock in a pot over medium high heat until simmering. Add parsnips, carrots and onion and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add chicken and simmer 4 minutes longer or until cooked through. Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Add dill and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4.