Pebre is a fresh-tasting Chilean herbal hot sauce that comes in many different forms. This one has a pesto-like texture and isn't as spicy as usual, but you can heat it up with more jalapeños if you like. It is excellent with simple meats, chicken or fish. Combined with some sour cream, it makes a great dip for vegetable chips.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons seeded, chopped jalapeno pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Place all ingredients in a food processor or mini chop and process until combined but still has a bit of texture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.