Serve each chop with a small dab of salsa beside it and the rest of the salsa served separately. Use regular thyme with a pinch of lemon rind if lemon thyme is not available. Serve with a mushroom risotto.
- 4 French-cut veal chops (about 12 ounces/375 grams each), 1¼ inches thick
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemon thyme
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Lemon Olive Salsa:
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped green olives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Rub chops with mustard and sprinkle with lemon thyme. Marinate for 1 hour. Season with salt and cracked pepper.
Preheat oven to 450 F. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chops for 2 minutes per side.
Transfer skillet to oven and roast chops for 10 to 12 minutes or until chops are just pink inside.
Combine parsley, capers, garlic, lemon rind, anchovies and breadcrumbs in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add oil and lemon juice and process until just combined. Remove from food processor and stir in chopped olives, salt and pepper. Serve veal chops with salsa. Serves 4.