You could use chicken breasts for this salad, but thighs make a much juicier sandwich. It would also work well with leftover chicken.
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound (500 grams) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon Indian curry paste or more to taste
- 3 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup baby spinach
Preheat grill or broiler to high.
Combine curry paste, ginger and vegetable oil. Brush chicken thighs with curry ginger mixture and season with salt and pepper.
Grill chicken for 3 minutes per side or until juices are clear. Cool and shred.
Whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, chutney and curry paste. Add chicken and mix together.
Place tortilla on counter. Spread one third of chicken salad down one third of the tortilla, to one inch of the edge. Add red onion and spinach. Roll up, tucking in ends as you roll. Cut in half to serve. Serves 4 to 6.