Baby artichokes are in season right now, but not for long, so use them while you can.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 baby artichokes, halved and trimmed
- 8 fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups homemade or low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup whole Italian parsley leaves
Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add artichokes and potatoes and sauté for 3 minutes or until just beginning to colour.
Add chicken stock and lemon juice, cover, turn heat to low and braise for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Remove vegetables to a bowl, turn heat to high and reduce braising liquid for 4 to 8 minutes or until thickened. Stir in butter.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss braising liquid with reserved vegetables and parsley leaves. Serves 4.