- About 35 salted crackers (or as many as can fit on baking sheet in 1 layer)
- 1¼ cups unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- ¾ cup Skor pieces
- ½ cup shaved chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds, optional
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Line an 11-by-15-inch metal baking sheet or pan with parchment paper. Lay crackers over parchment.
Combine butter, brown sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat then boil for 1 minute.
Pour over crackers and sprinkle with Skor pieces and chocolate. Sprinkle nuts and kosher salt on top if using. Bake for 8 minutes or until everything is melted and gooey.
Cool slightly. Break or cut into squares using the size of the crackers as a guide. Cool on a wire rack.
Try a chilled muscat-based dessert wine or liqueur for the caramel bars. - Beppi Crosariol