- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon seeded and finely minced small red chili
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6 cups packed Napa cabbage, cut into 1-inch wide ribbons
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
Combine ginger, chili and salt. Layer ⅓ of cabbage and carrots in a plastic bag. Sprinkle with ⅓ salt mixture.
Continue layering until vegetables are used up, finishing with salt. Sprinkle in rice vinegar. Squeeze out air from bag and refrigerate pickles. After several hours, massage bag to release water and make sure salt is penetrating the vegetables.
Toss the ingredients together. Close up bag again and leave overnight. Lightly squeeze pickles before serving to remove excess liquid.
Serve with chicken curry.