- 1 pound (500 grams) Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 1 pound (500 grams) mini red potatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
Combine Jerusalem artichokes, fennel and potatoes in a bowl. Season well with salt, pepper and thyme.
Heat butter and oil in a heavy skillet on medium heat. Add vegetables in batches and sauté until lightly coloured, about 5 to 6 minutes, turning as needed, adding garlic in the last 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to oven-proof baking dish and cover with foil.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Bake vegetables for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove foil and cook 10 minutes longer or until tender and golden.