Sweet and Spicy Leg of Lamb:
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 3-pound (1.5-kilogram) butterflied lamb leg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Roast Lamb Sauce:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons blackcurrant, red currant or other tart jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine mustard, honey, coriander, cumin and cayenne in a small bowl. Brush over lamb. Season with pepper. Marinate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Place lamb, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan. Bake for 25 to 45 minutes, depending on thickness, or until juices run slightly pink, basting occasionally.
Place lamb on a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile make the sauce.
Discard all fat from roasting pan. Stir in vinegar, jam, mustard and stock. Bring to boil and boil 3 to 5 minutes or until reduced by half and slightly thickened. Stir in cornstarch mixture, bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute or until thickened. Strain if desired and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Slice lamb and serve with sauce.