- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white and light green part only
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
Heat butter in a pot over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté until limp, about 3 minutes. Add stock and bring to boil. Add cauliflower and simmer for 10 minutes or until the florets are soft.
Purée soup with a food processor or blender until very smooth (if the soup is too thick, add a little extra stock). Add cream and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add lemon juice. Chill.
Top with smoked salmon and chives before serving.