- 3 cups water
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chervil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, chopped
- 4 8-ounce (250-gram) salmon fillets
Combine water, wine and herbs in a skillet over high heat and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes or until flavourful.
Bring to boil again, add salmon, skin-side down, reduce heat to medium low and spoon a few ladlefuls of liquid over top of salmon, cover skillet and poach for 5 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat, uncover and let salmon cool completely in liquid. Remove skin before serving.