- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup plum tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 Ciabatta, demi-baguette or buns
Preheat barbecue to high.
Toss chicken with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes a side or until chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
Mash avocado in a bowl. Then add onion, tomato and lime juice and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
Combine cilantro, olive oil, chili flakes and paprika in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add mayonnaise and process until cilantro is finely chopped. Season with salt to taste.
To assemble: slice ciabatta open and generously spread one cut side with cilantro mayonnaise and the other with guacamole. Slice chicken and pile into the middle of the sandwich. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Heat a panini or grill pan and grill sandwiches for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Servings: 4 sandwiches