- 2 cups gingersnaps, crumbled
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 ounces (125 grams) dark chocolate, chopped
- 10 ounces (300 grams) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 2 cups strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sieved strawberry jam
Combine gingersnaps and almonds in a food processor and process until almonds are finely chopped. Add butter and process briefly.
Butter a 9-inch spring form pan and line base with parchment paper. Press cookie crumbs into base of pan and about 1 to 2 inches up the sides. Chill until firm.
Heat chocolate in a small pot over low heat until melted. Brush melted chocolate over cookie crumb base and chill for 30 minutes.
Whisk together cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and orange rind. Spoon cheese mixture into chilled shell and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
Place fruit on top of cheese. Just before serving melt strawberry jam until just liquid and brush over fruit. Remove sides of spring form and serve.