Shrimps and sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 guajillo peppers, toasted* and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
4 lemon wedges
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 1 minute or until beginning to soften. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp and two-thirds of sliced peppers and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are almost fully cooked and vegetables are soft but not browned. Reduce heat if browning too quickly. Add butter and stir until almost melted. Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place shrimp on a serving dish and pour sauce over. Garnish with chives, remaining peppers and lemon wedges.
To toast guajillo peppers, place in a dry pan over high heat and toast for 10 seconds on each side, or until warmed and softened.