You can also make this dish with halibut. I roast four 6-ounce pieces of halibut at 450 F for 12 minutes, seasoned with equal amounts of cracked fennel seed, coriander and black pepper. Serve with mango chutney, cucumber relish and rice.
- 6 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon medium Indian curry paste
- 2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas
- 1 cup coconut milk, shaken
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Drizzle squash with 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place squash on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Sir and bake another 5 minutes, or until tender.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and cinnamon and cook another 30 seconds. Stir in curry paste and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add chickpeas and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until coconut milk is nearly absorbed by chickpeas. Season with garam masala, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Bring a pot of water to boil. Add Swiss chard and boil for about 2 minutes, or until wilted. Drain and season with salt and pepper.
Place Swiss chard on a plate, top with rewarmed chickpeas and place squash on top. Scatter with coriander. Serve 4