- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 racks of lamb, frenched
- 2 tablespoons tapenade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400F. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. If fat on the lamb is thick, make slits through it at every inch. Add lamb to skillet in batches and sear until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Cool slightly.
Combine topping ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Pat over fat side of racks.
Roast lamb in the oven for 25 to 40 minutes, depending on thickness, until still pink in the centre. Let rest 10 minutes. Carve into chops.