- 4 230-gram (8-ounce) rib-eye steaks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces (100 grams) softened butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
Preheat oven to 450F. When hot, place a baking sheet in the oven to warm up. Season steaks with salt and pepper.
Combine all ingredients for butter.
Heat skillet over high heat until nearly smoking. Sear steaks in skillet two minutes on each side. Place on hot baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes for medium rare. Remove from oven and let rest five minutes. Slice steaks thickly and place on serving plates. Finish with a dab of whisky butter.