- 6 large shallots, unpeeled
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces (225 grams) Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Add shallots and garlic to a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and remove skins. Cut shallots in half lengthwise if large.
Heat butter and oil in a heavy sauté pan (one that has a lid) over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add Brussels sprouts and toss everything together. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley.