This is a nice change from corn on the cob. For an attractive presentation, serve it under roasted fish.
- 2 cobs corn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 small zucchini, diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp mild smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Remove leaves and silk from corn (a stiff brush works best for removing silk). Cut off base, stand up and run a sharp knife down the corn to slice off the kernels.
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook 1 minute. Then add corn and zucchini and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until they take on some colour. Sprinkle in paprika. Add tomato and cook for another minute. Add lime rind and cilantro or parsley. Season well with salt and pepper.