- 1 bunch rapini, ends trimmed
- 340 grams (12 ounces) orecchiette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 40 grams (12 ounces) medium to large shrimp, shelled
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add rapini and cook for 2 minutes. Remove with tongs, drain and refresh with cold water. Cut each stalk into 3 and reserve. Add orecchiette and cook for 9 to 12 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet over medium-high heat, while pasta is cooking. Add breadcrumbs and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until crisp and golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape onto a plate.
Return same pan to heat and add remaining oil. Cook cherry tomatoes for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted. Add garlic and shrimps, and toss together until the shrimps start to turn pink. Stir in capers, chili flakes and rapini. Continue to sauté until shrimp are cooked, 2 to 3 more minutes. Add pasta and enough cooking water to make everything moist. Season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together and sprinkle with a little extra olive oil. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over each serving.