- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Bosc pears, not quite ripe
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ball burrata (buffalo mozzarella or fior di latte would also work)
- 8 slices prosciutto
Heat oven to 400 F
Place garlic, basil, olive oil and Parmesan in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, and reserve.
Slice pears in half and remove core. Cut each half into 4 slices
Combine butter and brown sugar, and toss with pears. Place on baking sheet and bake for 25 to 40 minutes depending on ripeness. They should be just tender. Let cool.
Slice the burrata horizontally into 4 pieces. Place each slice on a serving plate. Top with pears and finish with prosciutto. Garnish plate with pesto.