- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 fillets Mediterranean sea bass
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
Heat butter and vegetable oil over medium heat in a large skillet. When butter foams, add fillets and cook skin-side down until golden, about 3 minutes. Turn over and cook second side for 2 minutes.
Place fillets, flesh-side up on plate. The remaining butter in the pan should be a nut brown colour and smell nutty. Lower the heat and whisk in water and mixture should emulsify. Whisk in capers, lemon rind, lemon juice and parsley. Pour over fish before serving.