- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced parsnips
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 500 grams (1 pound) chicken sausages, removed from casing and crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 prunes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chicken or turkey stock
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions, parsnips, carrots and apple and cook for 1 minute. Cover skillet and let cook for 5 minutes or until root vegetables are slightly softened. Stir in crumbled chicken sausage and sauté together for 1 minute. Season well with salt and pepper and stir in prunes, sage and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Remove from heat and stir in bread crumbs. Mix egg with stock in a small bowl then stir into stuffing.
Pack stuffing into a buttered gratin dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until top is crispy and sausage is cooked. Spoon out, garnish with remaining parsley and serve with turkey breast.