Makes: 16 pieces
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed from cobs (about 1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup all-purpose ﬂour
- 1/4 cup rice ﬂour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups vegetable oil for deep frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
Whisk corn, eggs, green onion, and garlic in a bowl.
Mix ﬂour, rice ﬂour, baking powder, curry powder, salt and pepper in a separate bowl.
Stir wet ingredients into dry. The batter should be thick.
Heat ½ inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot, and then add the batter by tablespoons. Fry until golden, ﬂip and cook the other side, about 2 minutes. Serve with chutney