Makes: about 4 cups
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups soy sauce (I used light)
- 1 cup black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 fresh red Thai chili, thinly sliced with seeds
- 1 red Fresno pepper or red jalapeno, thinly sliced with seeds
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced with seeds
- 1 12-ounce (340 g) bunch Chinese long beans, topped and tailed and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- beans;long beans
Combinegarlic, soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce and chilies in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add long beans. Remove from heat, cover and let cool completely.
The beans will keep well covered with the pickling liquid in a jar in the fridge.