This savoury/sweet appetizer is notable for its simple yet rich flavour. Get your goat cheese to room temperature so it will be easier to spread.
- 6 slices grilled bread
- 12 ounces (375 grams) goat cheese
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion such as Vidalia
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Spread goat cheese over each piece of toast. Combine strawberries, tomatoes, sugar, lime juice, jalapeno, onion and pepper. Stir in basil. Top toasts with salsa. Serves 6.