his recipe - a salute to the Olympic rings - doubles easily.
- 8 ounces (250 grams) tubetti pasta, whole-wheat if possible
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 pound (500 grams) squid, bodies cut into rings
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup halved and seeded cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup torn basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain reserving some pasta cooking water.
Heat oil in skillet on medium low heat. Add garlic and chili flakes and cook gently for 2 minutes. Raise heat to high and add squid. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes or until white, add white wine and bring to a boil. Add tomatoes and capers.
Add pasta and basil and toss together, adding ¼ cup pasta cooking water if too dry.
Season well with salt and pepper and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle toasted breadcrumbs over pasta. Serves 3.