Two of these tarts will serve 16 people. Freezing the tart shell means the shell won't shrink while baking.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound (500 grams) mixed mushrooms, torn or thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Store-bought or homemade short-crust pastry, rolled to fit a 9-inch tart pan and frozen for 1 hour
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Heat butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes or until mushrooms are juicy. Add garlic and sauté another 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce, remove from heat and reserve.
Whisk together egg yolk and cream. Stir in ricotta and parsley and mix together. Season well with salt and pepper.
Place egg mixture in frozen tart shell. Pile in mushrooms. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until pastry is crisp and filling is set. Serves 8.