This mild and tasty curry using thick, juicy king mushrooms makes a good vegetarian main course, too.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons medium curry paste
- 8 ounces (250 grams) king oyster mushrooms, thinly sliced.
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 8 ounces (250 grams) baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander or mint
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ginger root, garlic and curry paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and sauté until limp (about 2 minutes). Add garam masala and tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes or until flavours are combined. Add spinach in batches and cook for 2 minutes or until just wilted. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper and sprinkle with coriander or mint. Serves 4.