- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 4 6 ounce (175 grams) tuna steaks, about 1-inch thick
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
Combine oils, ginger and peppers. Brush on steaks. Marinate for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with kosher salt to taste.
Combine sugar, with rice vinegar, soy and ginger for vinaigrette. Stir to dissolve. Whisk in wasabi paste.
Heat vegetable oil in non stick skillet over high heat.
Add tuna and sear 2 minutes per side or until very rare.
Serve steaks with a drizzle of vinaigrette and scatter with coriander.