- 3 bulbs baby fennel or 1 large
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 6 ounces (175 grams) ricotta salata
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Cut core from fennel and remove top. Cut in half. With a mandolin, or by hand, thinly slice fennel.
Place in bowl and mix with spinach.
Shave ricotta with a vegetable peeler and toss with vegetables.
Whisk together mustard, tarragon, shallots and vinegar. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
Toss with salad and finish by sprinkling with parsley.