If you wish, you can use another kind of nut, but the thickness of macadamias compliments the oranges.
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups shredded fennel (about 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed)
- 3 blood oranges, peel and pith cut off and segmented
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
Combine honey, mustard and sherry vinegar in a bowl. Wisk in olive oil until well combined and season with salt and pepper. Toss fennel and oranges with dressing. Divide among serving plates and top with chopped nuts. Serves 8.