Black Mission Fig Salad:
- 8 large ripe Black Mission figs, quartered
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 block burrata cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- ¼ cup walnut or olive oilSalt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Place figs in a small baking dish, cut side up, and sprinkle with red wine, balsamic vinegar and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes, or until figs are soft and juicy. Remove figs from dish, reserving juices, and let cool.
Drain juices into a bowl and whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool.
Place salad greens in a large bowl. Toss with dressing. Divide among 4 plates and garnish with burrata torn into bite-size pieces, the figs and chives.