- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (spooned in and levelled off)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 1 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or chopped dates dusted with 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup apple, peeled and grated
Preheat oven to 300 F. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
Combine flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in large bowl.
Stir together coffee and honey in a separate bowl.
Beat eggs until frothy. Gradually beat in sugar. Add vegetable oil and beat until combined. Beat in half of flour mixture and all of honey mixture into egg mixture. Stir in remaining flour mixture, raisins and apple. Batter will seem quite thin.
Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake is springy to the touch and a cake tester comes out clean.
Let cool in cake pan, unmould and leave in a cool place covered for 24 hours to allow flavours to mellow