- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped white chocolate
- ½ cup lemon curd
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 300 grams stem ginger cookies, processed (about 2 ½ cups cookie crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1½ cups icing sugar
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with plastic wrap. Set aside.
Combine whipping cream and butter in a small pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Stir in lemon curd and grated lemon rind until combined, then add cookie crumbs and stir until uniform.
Scrape mixture into prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth top. Chill for one hour or until solid.
Combine melted butter, lemon juice and lemon rind and beat in icing sugar until smooth. Spread icing over top of chilled fudge mixture with a palette knife and chill for 10 minutes longer or until icing has hardened. Use plastic wrap to remove fudge from pan, peel off the wrap and cut with a sharp knife into 36 bars. Chill until ready to serve.