- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chili
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 cups shredded fresh spinach (not baby spinach)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat vegetable oil in soup over medium heat. Add onions, ginger and chili and sauté for 2 minutes. Pour in chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to boil and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
Add spinach, mint and lime juice. Cook 10 minutes more or until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper.