- 6 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 4 8-chop lamb racks, about 1 pound (500 grams) each
Combine anchovy fillets, garlic, mint leaves and olive oil in a food processor or mini-chopper and process until slightly chunky. Stir in breadcrumbs.
Brush grainy mustard over lamb. Spread half of anchovy mixture over lamb racks and let marinate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400F.
Season racks with salt and pepper, place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Scatter the remaining pesto over and bake 10 to 20 minutes more or until juices are just pink. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Slice lamb chops apart and serve sprinkled with the topping that crumbles off the lamb.