- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 4-pound (2-kilogram) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 24 to 36 slider buns
Combine mustards, soy sauce, garlic, cayenne and olive oil in a bowl. Coat beef filet with marinade evenly on all sides. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Place meat on a rack and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until pink juices just begin to rise to the surface or a meat thermometer reads 125 F to 130 F. Remove to a platter and let cool.
Cut beef into thin slices and overlap on a large platter. Place buns in a basket beside beef and place provencale sauce (recipe below) in a bowl. Serves 12 or more.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek or other hot chili sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine mayonnaise, red wine, garlic and sambal oelek in a food processor and purée. With the machine running, slowly add olive oil through the feeder tube. Fold in anchovy fillets, parsley, chives, capers and lime juice. Season with pepper to taste. Serve with sliders. Makes about 1 cup.