- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
- 2 cups diced rutabaga
- 1 tablespoon mild Indian curry paste
- 4 to 5 cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups peeled and diced baking potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped leek greens
Heat butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add leeks and sauté until just softening, about 3 minutes. Add rutabaga and curry paste and sauté, stirring, for 2 more minutes or until fragrant. Add stock, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft when pierced with a fork.
Purée soup in blender or with a hand blender and season with salt and pepper to taste. Reheat when needed and garnish with yogurt mixed with leek greens. Serves 6.