- 2 pounds spareribs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium or homemade chicken stock or water
Trim and cut spareribs into racks of three ribs. Place in a roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. Combine honey, sherry, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, sugar, hoisin, soy and chili sauces and pour over ribs. Marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Stir stock into marinade. Cover roasting pan tightly with foil and bake ribs for 45 minutes. Uncover, turn ribs and bake 30 minutes more, or until ribs are tender and glazed with sauce. If marinade in pan becomes too dry, add more stock or water. The sauce should be thick but spoonable. Place ribs on a platter and pour sauce over them. Serves 4.