- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound (500 grams) linguine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 3 pounds (1.5 kilograms) Manila clams
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350F.
Toss cherry tomatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet, cut side up. Bake for 25 minutes or until semi-dried. Set aside.
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving about half a cup of the cooking water.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add wine and chilies and bring to boil. Add clams and steam until they open, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir reserved roasted cherry tomatoes into clam sauce. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed.
Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss together, adding pasta cooking water if needed. Garnish with parsley and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serves 4.